Week 8

Topic 1

1. Some of the books I have heard of are also movies or shows (which I have watched), which are, Thirteen reasons why, fifty shades of grey, the hunger games, perks of being a wall flower, and twilight. Some of the books I have read on that list when I was younger were Captain underpants, and scary stories.
In my opinion, I think people these days (parents especially) are getting a little bit out of hand when it comes to "banning" certain books or movies that their kids can and can not watch at school. To a certain point I understand, I cant imagine my son going to school and watching the movie Fifty Shades of Grey... but other then that I feel like no matter what, if the kid wants to read a certain book or watch a certain movie, that they are going to do so either way. Everyone has their own opinion on religion and own opinion on racism.. so on and so forth.. but I don't see why the child cant read a book and make their on decisions on things.

2. As I said in the last question, to some degree I understand where parents are coming from...I would say to avoid conflict to make it so those certain books that so call "offend" people that they shouldn't be placed as an assignment or make it so they have to read the book... but, I think to completely take the books out of the schools for certain reasons is a bit excessive.. If the parent has a problem with it then I feel like the should have a conversation with their child about it and tell them to not read that certain book.

3. I don't particularity read hardly at all to be quite honest. The last book I read was " Why men love bitches" by Sherry Argov.. and I can tell you right now, that book would not be aloud in the schools, and I could see multiple people somehow getting offended by it. I also have seen fifty shades of grey, the movie, which was also banned by schools, along with hunger games and thirteen reasons why. I guess you could say my interests arent exactly "school worthy". I like excitement and to be able to read and watch things that spark interest.

Topic 2

1. When it comes to reading magazines, the only time I really read them is when I find myself bored at work. In that case, ill either pick up people, cosmopolitan, or a hunting magazine. My interests I guess by looking at those would be drama of famous people, sex, and hunting. Its a way to pass the time and I find it interesting just how much people care about people who are famous, to be honest, I could care less about who is marrying who or who is pregnant with who's baby. Cosmos is interesting to be me because sex is always a theory of interest, and lets be honest.. sex sells. Who doesn't want to know those stupid tricks here and there on certain things, such as alternative skin care or other ways to take care of your hair and such. I've always found hunting a fun sport or hobby, so its interesting to me who shot the biggest buck last year or got a trophy cougar during last years season.

2. When it comes to products and services in the magazines, people and cosmo I would say they have similar choices. They both advertise for hair, skin , and beauty products and cosmo also advertises for sex products and toys... Hunting magazines, advertise for hunting gear, such as rifles, bows, or clothing. These publications as a consumer, I don't know what to say. I guess multiple people would pick those magazines over others  because they are the more popular ones. I guess you could say I'm in the majority when it comes to picking magazines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3

Week 2

Week 1 Questions