Week 3

Topic 1

1. Being a hairdresser, one of the first things I saw was a Paul Mitchell shampoo I just bought and there for I decided to use that as an example.
I used facebook and typed paul mitchell in the search engine, first few things that came up were their actual page to like which, over one million people have liked...
or there is a paul mitchell beauty school in portland.
Of course anything that pops up on other sites that uses paul mitchell uses the hash tags #paulmitchell

2. I'd say their target audience is females between ages 18 and 40, or somewhere around there. There is also some male products that direct towards men around the same age... but women are the focal point of their product.
They use "smooth and silky hair" as a main focus.. because lets be honest, what girl doesn't want that. I would say how they advertise does work... and a good reason why I am saying that is because while I'm working I get asked for my opinion on their product quite frequently.

3. I think that if I was to try to promote their hair care line I would choose something to do with their colors and less focused on their product.
A lot of people want to make their hair color last longer and I feel like if they promoted something to do so that a lot more people would be interested on how to do so.

Topic 2

1. The first add that I though actually worked well was the advertisement everyone hears for animal shelters.
Although half the time I do tend to turn them off or change the channel, it does make me want to go adopt all the dogs and cats. It describes how many animals are sheltered per year and how many are saved and how good of a cause it is to adopt instead of bread.

The commercials I dont find to like is ones mainly for painting, oxi clean or auto body o I find, where the owner or manager is the main focus of the commercial and constantly singing in bad tone over and over again, although the song might get stuck in my head.. I dont find myself wanting to go to someone who cant sing and has poor acting skills. I understand they probably dont have much finances to make the commercial 5 stars but I do feel like they could have done better then annoying someone to get their point across.

2. For the animal commercial I would think that the target audience is anyone who is looking to get a new pet or someone considering buying one from a pet store, other then that, I would say its a pretty large spectrum.

The other commercials are obviously targeted to people who can stand listening to bad singing and annoying commercials (kidding), its targeted towards someone who is looking for less expensive help around the house such as plumbing or house painting, or whatever exact commercial is directed towards.

3. The commercial with animals usually uses someone famous ( Sarah Mcglocklin ) and uses emotion to convince you to do the right thing.

As far as the other commercial, the use bandwagon approach, saying everyone is using them or they should be using them, and obviously using the manager or the owner in the commercial they use the fact that they are averaged people.


4. I believed the animal commercial worked because it hits you right in the heart, stating facts about how many animals have to get put down every year and how many are bread kinda hits your heart and makes you think about if you were to get an animal where you would get them from.

I believe the other commercial didnt work simply because it drove me crazy everytime it came on, although it might have convinced some people they would make the good choice by going to them mainly because of the cost, I just wasn't convinced simply out of the fact that the manager of the company was obnoxious.


5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX-d2ZRSYZc

Comments

  1. I totally agree with the second advertisement you were describing. There's one going around right now that is clearly low budget and focused on just Linn County residents, and it's just too cheesy. The owner is in every shot saying something that is super unnecessary. They don't appeal to the audience whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Questions

Week 2