Week 6

Topic 1: Newspapers

- I personally get my news from Facebook, or my friends, or TV. To be honest, I don't find myself checking on the news or being concerned on the update of the world as much as I know I should. I wouldn't  say that the information I receive is always 100% credible. Considering that I get most of my information online, not everything is true. If I was to find something I wanted to look into more, then I would do further research and make sure what I am reading is the truth.

- I don't personally subscribe for any news sources or anything along those lines. I think the reason why I don't feel the need to is because everything seems to become so public within just a few minutes of something dramatic happening in the world.

- On a scale from 1-5 I would say I am informed to about a 3. When it comes to general community information I am not too excited about looking for information. The only thing I think I would be most concerned with is that my son is in school and if something serious was to happen, or if there was information I would need to know concerning him, then that would be on my top priority.  I don't follow politics much if at all, and sports teams don't interest me much. As much as I should care more when it comes to news and whats going on around me, I don't tend to pay much attention to it.
-

Topic 2: Fake News

- As me not being a huge follower of the news, I'm not really sure how to answer this question. As far as I am aware of, CNN and New York Times are some of the biggest news companies. I would like to think that they are giving away real information and not lies. If they are giving off real information, I'm not sure how it would be considered "fake news"

- One thing in the first amendment is freedom of speach... and that being said, even the president can say whatever he pleases...
I'm not saying his comments are correct or appropriate but unless he acts on his comments breaks peoples first amendment rights then there isn't much to be done at this point.


- Everyone knows president Trump is a very blunt person. To some extent, he is just telling it how he thinks it is... in a few incidents he met with some reporters that he believed twisted the truth or lied about the interview... obviously I don't personally know the truth but I could see where he is coming from. That being said, I don't think that it is fair to throw under every media site or news station because of that.


https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/what-trump-means-for-journalism/514160/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Questions

Week 3

Week 2