Week 5

Topic 1

1. I thought it was interesting that having someone mix up different beats to songs, putting them together is potentially making a "new song" or "new beat" when in reality, it is still the same songs put together. In my personal opinion, if you're mixing two or three songs together, changing up the beat, and rearranging everything about the song that it is a new song... but still argument there is that all the songs still have copyright to them.
I haven't personally ever mixed up songs or had issues with it, but I've had a friend that used to DJ and explained to some extent what he is and isn't aloud to do with music.

2. One of the questions I guess I would have is, when it comes to music, how many songs and how many different ways do you have to adjust the beat and sound for it to be considered a new song without having to deal with the copyright of all the original songs?

3/4. I think the situation when someone stole "mickey mouse" went to far. I think that the mouse was too close (if not the exact same) to the original drawing. Using mickey mouse in a different comic took away the meaning of the original. I believe that the person who stole mickey should have to take down all the comics and advertisement that has him in it, with the potential to take away the right to make any others.


Topic 2

1. I think that depending on what the information is that it could be either bad, good, or could be useful.

2/3. Depending on the information, it could cause people to react negatively to the information and causing a scene or protest for example, but that being said, it could be positive and end up sending help to other countries and stopping major problems.

4/5. Honestly, I think that freedom of speech along with the access to the information on the internet for the most part is reasonable. There becomes times that I see certain protests or certain information that I feel might not be necessary and could be causing more issues than there needs to be but for the most part, I do believe freedom of speech and access to information is the way it should be.
In some ways I feel like that the government might be hiding things that are really happening over the country and other countries and leaked information could be more accurate to show the world that could really be going on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Questions

Week 3

Week 2